Thursday, May 31, 2007
Info Session: SNAP! Moving to Our Own Beats
**Snap! Moving to Our Own Beats is looking for Collective Members!**
Come to an info session -- (childcare available with 24 hours notice)
Tuesday, June 5th - 6:30pm
@ the 2110 Centre
2110 rue Mackay (metro Guy Concordia)
(scent free, wheelchair accessible, snacks and metro tickets provided)
Snap! is an anti-racism program that combines anti-oppression and skills training in order to support and encourage our own generation of anti-racist youth of colour and Indigenous youth activists. The program is open to people of all levels of experience, from people who want to get involved but don't know where to start, to seasoned activists who are interested in strengthening the movement.
This year's program will include in-depth anti-oppression workshops (i.e. addressing
racism in the lgbtttq community, discussing the prison industrial complex), hands-on skill building workshops (i.e. budgeting, accessibility, public speaking) and a multidisciplinary art component (i.e. video, silkscreening and radio).
Snap! 2007 is for ...
- people who want to fight racism, and all forms of discrimination and oppression
- people who want to get involved (or more involved) in social and political issues in their communities
- people who want to hang out / share experiences / learn with and from other youth of colour and Indigenous youth in Montreal
- people of colour and Indigenous people ages 16-30.
JOIN THE ORGANIZING COLLECTIVE!
aka Colours of Resistance Montreal
Help design and organize the Snap! program for this year.
- minimum investment of 3 to 4 hours per week until the end of August
- participate in the program even if you are on the organizing collective
- the collective aims to be 2/3 people of colour/Indigenous people
This will be the 3rd Snap! Moving to Our Own Beats. It is organized by Colours of Resistance Montreal, which is a working group of QPIRG Concordia, with the support of the 2110 Centre for Gender Advocacy.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 514-848-7583 (leave a message). You can also check out the website at snap.mahost.org (will be updated in June once this summer's program is finalized).
For more information about what it means to be on the organizing
collective, please check out the Colours of Resistance Mandate at
Email: email@example.com for more info.
Posted by Réseau Anti-Capitaliste de Montréal at 3:56 AM